Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Detox Update

So the detox was a 2 week success and I apologize for not continuing to document my experience. I do remember vividly that the first 3 days were the hardest, I had a solid headache and felt very lethargic most of that time. But after that, things picked up nicely as they often do. My digestion was superb and I dropped about 8 pounds during the course of the detox.
I don't typically recommend detoxing for the sole purpose of loosing weight, but that is often a pleasant bonus through the experience. For a more permanent weight loss goal, I utilize the UltraLite diet (www.ultralite.us) for my patients. It provides a much more realistic and long term model for sustained weight loss and healthy eating, while also typically providing some detoxification through the process.

No comments: